Performance and timeline
GENERALI IS INCLUDED IN THE FOLLOWING ETHICAL INDEXES:
- In September 2018 Generali has been included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index, the international index that recognizes the leading companies according to their sustainability performances.
- Since March 2011, Generali is a constituent in the FTSE4Good Developed Index and FTSE4Good Europe Index.
- Generali is a constituent of MSCI Global Sustainability Indexes that its aim to represent companies with high ESG ratings.
- Assicurazioni Generali is included in the Euronext Vigeo World 120, Euronext Vigeo Europe 120 and Euronext Vigeo Eurozone 120 indices, which are part of a range of indices established by Vigeo Eiris in partnership with Euronext.
- Since September 2012, Generali has also been included in the ESI (Ethibel Sustainability Index) Excellence Global index.
- Since September 2012, Generali has been included in the following STOXX®Global ESG Leaders indices: EURO STOXX ESG Leaders 50, STOXX Global ESG Environmental Leaders, STOXX Global ESG Governance Leaders, STOXX Global ESG Leaders, STOXX Europe Sustainability, EURO STOXX Sustainability.
- Assicurazioni Generali ranks among the Corporate Knights’ 2017 Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
- Assicurazioni Generali is in the following ECPI indexes: ECPI Global Ethical Equity, ECPI Euro Ethical Equity and ECPI EMU Ethical Equity.
- MSCI ESG Ratings: in 2016, Generali has been upgraded to 'AA' rating from 'A'.
- Oekom research AG has assigned to Generali an overall grade of C with “Prime” status. Consequently, Generali’ bonds and shares are qualify for investments which take ESG (environmental, social and governance) considerations into account.
- Generali has been reconfirmed for inclusion in the Ethibel PIONEER and Ethibel EXCELLENCE Investment Registers since 28 June 2016.
- Environmental&Social QualityScore is a component of ISS corporate profiling for institutional investors. E&S QualityScore represents a data driven approach to measuring the quality of corporate disclosures on environmental and social issues, including on sustainability governance.
- 345 billion euro direct investment in equities and bonds in accordance with the Responsible Investment Guideline
- 37.2 billion euro AuM managed with ESG criteria
- Funds allocated to the community over 12 mln (98,5% cash, 0,5% time, 1% in-kind)
- 112,782 t CO2e total GHG emissions Location-Based approach (-9.5% compared to 2013)
Generali was ranked first in the Integrated Governance Index 2018
Climate change strategy approval
Update of the Charter of Sustainability Commitments and its approval by the Board of Directors
Approval of the Responsible Investment Guideline
Creation of the Materiality Matrix
Approval of the Group Policy for the Environment and Climate
Publication of the first Annual Integrated Report 2013
Adhesion to Principles for Sustainable Insurance (PSI)
Participation in the <IR> Business Network
Publication of the Charter of Sustainability Commitments
Inclusion in the United Nations Global Compact 100
Inclusion in the CDP Global 500 Climate Performance Leadership Index (CPLI)
Publication of the Generali Group Code of Conduct
Adhesion to the CDP Water Disclosure programme
Adhesion to Principles for Responsible Investments (PRI)
Publication of the Ethical Code for Suppliers of the Generali Group
Adhesion to Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP)